So, this week is the week that a ton of seniors will be walking across the stage at the centrum and obtaining a life changing piece of paper (a.k.a. High School Diploma..). Congrats to all those graduating and good luck!
I remember my Graduation, I was so excited to be done, I just wanted to run across the stage, snatch that diploma, burst out the doors of the centrum and start my new life! Well.. I didn't run, I didn't snatch, and I didn't burst.. and to be honest, the "new life" isn't all I thought it would be. I expected parties and glam and boys and fun! I didn't really think much about responsibilities, I was just too excited to be done with High School.
After Graduation, I didn't have much of a break, I taught swimming lessons at the SUU pool in the mornings, and I also worked at Kolob as a CNA in the evenings to get a bit of money saved up. I worked at the pool through the summer and helped coach in the fall when I wasnt working at Kolob. I took the first semester off of school just to save for school. In Spring 2010 I did online classes and truthfully that was a mistake, I was working full time and was technically a full time student and I had so many things happen to me that semester that me grades kind of kicked my butt. I worked at the Pool and at Kolob in the Summer of 2010 and saved for school in the Fall, which went by a lot better. I also moved out in August 2010 with a few friends but ended up moving home a couple of months later.. It just wasn't worth all the extra money to be away from home. I took Spring 2011 semester off and ended up doing the EMT-Basic course through the tech college and I LOVED it! I passed with flying colors and I am now enrolled in the EMT-Intermediate course. I don't really know what I want to end up doing but this is a good start. I initially KNEW that I wanted to do Nursing but I guess my mind is now leaning towards EMT/Paramedic stuff.. Who Knew??! I really have a hard time getting motivated to spend thousands of dollars for a degree when in this economy, there are NOOOO jobs for anyone, degree or no degree. So yes, I'm a bit nervous about jumping in to student loans and giant lumps of debt before I know for sure what I want to be.. and hopefully when I get there.. I will have a super duper job :)
I guess to sum it all up, life is NOT what you expect.. Two years after being graduated I definately didn't expect to be working full time at the hospital, having a brand new car payment, trying to figure out LIFE , Living at home..
One day everything will fall into place, right now I'm content right where I am. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment